6 Tips for a successful home exchange
Below are some helpful tips to create better home exchange experiences:
- Be honest in your home descriptions in your listing and when communicating with potential exchange partners.
- Leave clear written instructions on how to use appliances, pet and plant care, trash disposal, etc. A phone number of someone who can help in case of problems with the house is very useful
- Make sure you leave a clean home for your exchange partners. Be guided by how you’d like to find the home you’ll stay in (no dust, no mold, clean empty fridge, etc.)
- Clear space in shelves and drawers in the bedrooms and bathrooms where guests can place their things
- Provide at least two towels per person and 2 sets of bed sheets per bed.
- Welcome your guests with a small gift, such as a bottle of wine, chocolates or local food
Jun 7, 2014
category: How To Home Exchange
Stay4free blog is operated by Stay4free, a home-exchange network for families looking for low-cost travel and great experiences.
View all blogs